“But Jesus said, “Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them;
for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”
Our purpose in Children’s Ministry is to teach and model the authentic Christian life. We have the awesome responsibility and privilege before the Lord Jesus, along with parents, to teach and nurture each child in the grace and knowledge of the Lord. (Matt. 28:19-20; 2 Peter 3:18)
- know the Bible is God’s revealed truth to man and to “hide His words in their hearts that they might not sin against God.” (Ps. 119:105; 2 Tim. 3:15)
- know they have a loving Heavenly Father who created them, loves them, redeemed them, and has a wonderfully unique plan for their lives. (John 3:16; Eph. 2:8-10)
- grow “in wisdom, stature, and favor with God and man.” (Luke 2:52 – spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically)
- learn how to share the love of Jesus with others. (Luke 2:49).
- build close relationships with others in the body of Christ, both peers and adults. (1 Cor. 12:12-31; Heb. 10:25)
We encourage children to stay with their families during worship at our Sunday morning Celebration Service. After worship, they are dismissed to attend their Sunday School classes. This allows them to actively participate in worship with their parents and other adults, as important members of the body of Christ!
Sunday School classes:
- Little Lambs (18 months -2 yrs old)
- Noah’s Ark (3 yrs -5 yrs old)
- Kingdom Kids I (1st grade to 3rd grade)
- Kingdom Kids II (4th grade to 6th grade)
Application for Teaching:
If you attend Crossroads regularly and are interested in serving in Children’s Ministry, you can print and fill out the application and reference form and give to the Children’s Ministry Director.
Ministry Policy and Procedures:
Click here for Children’s Ministry Policy and Procedures. (In process of being updated)
Our most recent Ministry Safe Training with the SART (Sexual Assault Response Team):
2 Comments on “Children”
Donna clark January 27, 2019 pm31 7:19 pm .
I am wondering why there is no jr. high and high school ministry, my granddaughter does not want to sit in big church. I live in Ca and we have a jr and high school mix that she attends when with me.
Please help me to understand
ForHisGlory February 5, 2019 am28 2:17 am .
Aloha Donna, we do have a youth ministry. It is called Crossover Youth and they are very active. You can learn more about them and see some things they share on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CrossoverYouthKauai/ as well as Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/crossoverkauai/
No, we don’t have a Sunday service specifically for our teens as most of them are busy helping in other ministries: Children’s Sunday School for example. Many of them are on our worship team, and do all kinds of other things to actually help facilitate the service.